Monday, February 4, 2013

Week One of the 40 Day Journey...

Week one was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be - I found it hard to commit fully to my practice, and to meditate!  But by day 4 I got into the groove of things.  I found that by being aware of the 12 laws of transformation, I was being open to more - more joy, and more pain.  I went through a sort of cleanup, if you will.  

I was able to take a look at my relationships and decide if they were nourishing to me, or more one-sided.  It wasn't surprising, but one relationship I've had was very one-sided, and it hurt me to finally acknowledge it.  You see, I needed to be willing to take a look at myself and determine if I was being treated as I wanted to be, but more than that, I needed to know that this person was helping me grow as a person, and it was the exact opposite.  Letting go of a relationship is hard, and especially harder when you've gone through so much with that person.  But I fully believe that people come into our lives for a reason, and sometimes for a season - and when that season is over, sometimes that person can sour the progress you're making, and so you have to let them go, and appreciate them for all they've done for you, love them for who they are, and let them enrich another's life with another purpose.  So that is what I intend to do.  

In journaling my week one excavation questions, I also learned that my time is my biggest enemy right now - and I need to start managing it more effectively, so this week my goal is to set a schedule for each day and keep it to the best of my abilities.  I think being more accountable to myself will really help me grow.  

I also found myself making gains in my yoga practice, which was surprising to me - the week one yoga practice was relatively simple, and only 20 minutes long.  Moving the body daily is so beneficial to mind and body, and I can feel that release.  When I taught my Sunday yoga class, I felt a lot more connected to the asanas and was able to pass that on to my students.  It was a beautiful experience, and reminded me why I teach in the first place.  If at the end of class I can look at my students and see a stillness within them, I have done what I intended to do.  

Here are a couple pics from week one, and I'm off to week two!  Enjoy!

Getting Used to a Daily Meditation Practice

Parrvitta Crunchasana - Favorite for the Week

My Puppy Loves to Practice with me :)

Yummy Veggie Pasta Pie - I got the idea from Dr. Oz and it was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment