Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tribute to a Best Friend


For those of you who don't know her, this is my friend Lindsy. We have been best friends since we met at age 15. She moved in next door when my neighbor married her dad, and we were inseparable after that! We have been through everything: Overalls, divorce, Girl Talk, learning to drive, kissing boys to first relationships with boys, new families, old families, and just about every awkward thing a teenager can go through! More than that, we have maintained our friendship in the years following high school - and recently became best friends again.



Lindsy is a great person - one thing most people notice about her is her selflessness. She is all about helping other people, all the time. She has had an interesting life - and it's one that gets her in trouble sometimes - not by her own doing, but by others' inability to understand and be mature and accepting of consequences they can't control. I won't go into it because it's really not my business, but it makes me so sad to see somebody just openly badmouthing my best friend!


Lindsy is an honest, open, and caring person, and she would never intentionally hurt another person. It makes me really sad that she is the target of such nastiness and anger. I wish there was something I could do for her - I know it hurts her and her family. She and Derin are absolutely wonderful people and wonderful parents, and most people who read this blog know them and their story.


Lindsy and Derin have 13 children - 11 by Derin's previous marriage, and 2 of she and Derin's. Embree is 7 and Kinleigh is 2.






Embree

Lindsy and Kinleigh



Sorry I couldn't find a bigger pic!


I just want to give a shout out to Lindsy, for braving the storm. Reading the nasty comments made about Lindsy on Derin's ex-wife's blog made me realize that Lindsy is going through a lot more pain than I even knew. I just want her to know that I love her, and that I am here for her. There are many, many people whose lives she has touched and she is truly someone to look up to. I admire her every day for her courage. I admire what a great wife and mother she is. I mostly admire what a genuine and giving person she is. She is always willing to do anything for anybody.






Most of all, she is always willing to do what's best for her family and her friends. She is a great example of a true friend, and one that I am consistently trying to be more like. :)

3 comments:

  1. Bethany you are the Best! Thanks for thinking about me! I Love you!
    Lins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy is lucky to have you as a friend! i love that you are feircly protective of your family and friends (as near as i gather) :) that's awesome! so, upon first coming to your blog, i see your beautiful header picture. that's where you got married right? ok, so i was obsessed w/ that house at your reception. i told preston that i wanted to live there or in an old beautiful home just like it. i have been telling him for years that i want an old house to fix up. he's not so in to it. then i go down a little further and see the picture of your cute house! i LOVE it! so quaint and cute. built in 1913 you say? i love that it has so much history! it would have to being that age right? i bet the house was thanking you for speaking dear ella's name! so cool!

    ReplyDelete